Fine Arts Salon Judging Criteria
Exhibition of drawings, paintings and sculpture.
Greenbrier Valley, West Virginia 2012
1. ONE application form:
For adults and children CLICK HERE
2. All entries must be submitted preferably with digital images. Do not send original artwork with entry form, please!
Artwork must be by living artists who are NSS members.
3. Mail or email applications and photographs of work only to Carolina Shrewsbury, 124 4th Ave NW, Largo FL 33770 or email speleoart(at)hawaiiflow.com. Postmarked no later than June 1st, 2012.
4. Include a self-portrait preferably as a digital image if you wish to be shown at the awards ceremony, and include a self-addressed stamped envelope if you want your images returned.
5. Entry fees are per person: $15 for adults, $10 for Salon volunteers/Convention staff and $5 for youth (12 and under).
6. Make checks for entry fees payable to the NSS FAS.
7. The number of entries is limited to 4 per person for competition, an optional 4 can be entered for show only.
8. The size of entries will be limited to space available for each individual artist.
9. Entries submitted at the Convention will be accepted only on a space-available basis. Salon Competition entries will be given priority. Artwork must be FOR SALE or FOR AUCTION. Artwork not for sale will be considered for Craft and Design Salon. Previous Salon Awarded work is exempt from this criteria- see item #12
10. There is provision for artwork to be displayed but not judged if the artist so wishes.
11. All exhibits are encouraged to be sold at Salon or entered for NSS Auction.
12. Previously awarded work is encouraged to be exhibited but will not be judged in the Salon.
13. Applications will be screened and artists will be notified by mail or E-mail.
14. Additional information, and Convention address to send artwork, will be supplied at time of notification. Artwork must arrive in the Salon by Saturday before Convention opens.
15. Each digital image must be accompanied by:
a. Name of artist,
b. Dimensions of the piece,
c. Category to be judged in (if judging is desired)
e. Include the following statement with your signature: "I grant to the NSS the right to reproduce images of these entries in NSS exhibits, web sites, catalogues, publications, recordings, and audio/visual programs.”
16. The NSS will deduct a 20% commission from all art sold.
17. All artwork must be appropriately framed or professionally presented.
Print labels on card for each artwork with Artist Name, Artwork Title, Mediums used, PRICE/AUCTION
18. Art will be judged in 6 categories: Paint/Pastel, Digital Multimedia, Sketch, 3D, Textile and Mixed Media.
19. Winners will be selected in each category and a Best in Show overall.
20. Judging will occur at the Convention.
21. Judging for the SpeleoArt Award and Youth Divisions will be by caver ballot.
23. Judges choice will be final.
24. Ribbons are Merit Award and Honorable Mention in each category. Best of Show and the SpeleoArt Award are awarded on NSS Salon Night during Convention Week.
Questions may be referred to Carolina Shrewsbury 124 4th Ave NW, Largo, FL 33770, phone (727) 424-2903 or e-mail speleoart(at)hawaiiflow.com.